YEAR 3 COURSE OFFERINGS
BMCC COURSE OFFERINGS
Third year courses focus on the further development of students' oral, written, and visual communication skills. In year 3, students split their time between the MECA high school campus and BMCC. Students also continue to engage in work-based learning projects and internships.
- Students are offered the opportunity to take AP courses such as AP US History.
- Students take two Regents exams: US History and math.
- Students take 3 - 4 college courses at BMCC including Critical Thinking, Foundations of Digital Graphic Design, and Introduction to Business.
- Students take the third year of the 4-year CTE sequence where they participate in a Media immersion seminar taught by industry professionals. The seminar focuses on merging creative and strategy in the development of a campaign. At the end of the year, students can become certified in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Work-based learning includes job shadowing at many of the top advertising and media firms in New York City, participation in Project ACT – an early career mentoring program, and summer internships for qualified students.
- In the summer, MECA students begin working in Internships or take additional BMCC courses.
- Visual Communication
- Cultural and Intercultural Awareness
- Strategic Problem Solving