YEAR 2 COURSE OFFERINGS
BMCC COURSE OFFERINGS
Second year courses focus on the development of student analytical skills and their ability to be critical consumers of information. In year two, MECA students take their first courses for college credit. They also continue their exploration of the advertising and media industry with a special seminar course co-taught by industry professionals.
- Students take their first two college courses: Foundations of Speech, a public speaking and rhetoric course, and Health. College professors teach these courses on the MECA campus.
- Students take four Regents: math, science, ELA, and Global History.
- Students take the second year of the 4-year CTE sequence. During this year, students spend their time in our state-of-the-art MAC lab where they are introduced to the Adobe Creative Suite and work on projects for real clients.
- Students take an Advertising immersion seminar that focuses on creative concept development.
- Work-based learning opportunities include additional site visits, special speaker series, and job shadowing.
- Students continue to receive academic support from near-peer tutors courtesy of the BMCC honors society.
- Students take a 4-5 week summer immersion Foreign Language course at BMCC.
- Oral Communication
- Analyzing Documents and Determining Evidence
- Visual Literacy
- Creative Problem Solving