YEAR 4 COURSE OFFERINGS
BMCC COURSE OFFERINGS
Students spend a majority of their time at BMCC where they continue the transition to independent college students. All students receive extensive college and career counseling. Students electing to remain for Years 5 & 6, in consultation with their families and MECA staff, determine which Associate’s Degree to pursue.
- By the end of year 4, students will have completed 30 credits at BMCC, half of the requirements for their Associate’s Degree.
- Students take specialized college course based on the field students decide to pursue and the remainder of their general education requirements.
- Students complete the 4-year CTE sequence with students running a small in-house advertising agency that works on accounts for local community organizations and pro bono clients.
- Work-based learning includes job shadowing at many of the top advertising and media firms in NYC and continued participation in Project ACT – an early career mentoring program.
- Students not electing to continue their studies at BMCC are provided with comprehensive college counseling to help them find the right college for them.
- Media Literacy
- Financial Literacy
- Authentic Problem Solving